2 COVID-19 suspects die, 7 others under treatment in Zambo Sibugay government hospitals

2 COVID-19 suspects die, 7 others under treatment in Zambo Sibugay government hospitals

April 30, 2020 1 By Mindanao Sun
0 0
Spread the News
Read Time:1 Minute, 21 Second
By Antonio Manaytay

Two COVID-19 suspects have died and seven others are under treatment in the two government hospitals in Zamboanga Sibugay.

Dr. Sherwin Bastero, chief of hospital of Zamboanga Sibugay Provincial Hospital (ZSPH), confirmed to Mindanao Sun the death of two COVID-19 suspects while undergoing treatment.

A COVID-19 suspect, under the new classification, is a person with mild to severe symptoms. But he or she has not yet undergone a test.

The two, according to Bastero, were residents of Kabasalan and Payao towns. Both patients succumbed to severe pneumonia on Tuesday, April 28.

Bastero said they are waiting for the results of swab tests of the two.

7 in Diplahan

As this developed, the Diplahan District Hospital had admitted seven COVID-19 suspects. The provincial government had reserved the district hospital for COVID-19 patients.

The seven patients, said Bastero, are still undergoing treatment.

Strict protocols

He assured the public “we are following strict protocols” in handling the deaths of the two suspects.

Bastero said they had already informed “the respective municipal health officers and proper protocol were followed in the handling of the bodies.”

Early this month, two probable COVID-19 persons have died.

One was a resident of Barangay Culasian in Titay while the other was a resident of Barangay Bacalan in Ipil. Both had tested negative of coronavirus. (Mindanao Sun)

You, too, can stop the virus

You can help stop the spread of coronavirus. Make it a habit to wash your hand with soap and practice social distancing. For medical help, contact the Department of Health Hotlines 02-894-COVID (02-894-26843) and 1555.

Happy
Happy
0 %
Sad
Sad
0 %
Excited
Excited
0 %
Sleepy
Sleepy
0 %
Angry
Angry
0 %
Surprise
Surprise
0 %